Measurements (tag size 30): waist: 31.9″, rise 9.75″, back rise 14.5″, thigh 11″, knee 7.9″, hem 6.75″
Cut: Medium rise with a slim straight leg.
Fabric: 16.5oz sanforized, White Oak Cone Mills, orange selvedge. A tightly woven, green cast indigo warp with a white weft.
- White and orange selvedge ID
- Left side, vertical watch pocket selvedge ID
- Hidden fly selvedge ID
- Orange stitching
- Bar tacked back pockets
- Tucked Belt loops
- Sewn on vintage Union Special, Reece & Singer machines
- A & E core spun poly thread for maximum strength & durability
- Embroidered star insignia on the right back pocket
- Button fly with double prong, donut style buttons.
- Double felled inseams
- Chain stitched hems with bar tacked reinforcements
- Vintage style copper rivet burrs
- All hardware made in Kentucky
- Thick veg tanned leather patch and waistband label made in Los Angeles
- 100% made in the USA
First impressions: Brave Star Selvage has officially won me over with this pair. This is the same White Oak Cone Mills denim that Tellason uses in their 16.5oz offerings. The heaviest Cone Mills denim I’ve encountered. This fabric will most likely last for at least 2-3 years. The Slim Straight and Slim Tapered Fit are pretty much perfect for me. These jeans are true Americana through and through. The tight weave of this sanforized denim makes for little to no shrinkage even in a hot soak. It does stretch out a bit so I would buy it snug but not too tight.
The perfect jeans for walking off into the sunset! Pick up a pair for $89 at Brave Star Selvedge.
~ The Denim Hound 8-14-16