Measurements (size 30): waist 32″, rise 10″, thigh 11″, knee 8″, hem, 6.75, inseam 36.
Fabric: 16.5oz Sanforized COLLECT selvedge from Shinya mills. The slub in the warp and weft create a nice crosshatching effect. Woven on a vintage shuttle loom. Warp is rope-dyed pure indigo with a white weft. 100% cotton from USA and Australia.
- Thick fabric Japan Blue original striped pocket bags
- Japan Blue custom engraved brass “Antique Gold” buttons
- Custom brass rivets
- 5 Button fly
- Red and white selvedge ID
- Peekaboo watch pocket selvedge
- Tanner Goods cowhide leather patch
- Chainstitched lower waistband, yoke and hems
- Bartacks on back pockets instead of rivets
- Orange stitching
- Blue inseam stitching
First Impressions: I love this fabric, it is very similar to the fabric used on Naked & Famous’s Elephant 5. Solid construction and clean stitching. If you are just getting into raw Japanese denim, Japan Blue should definitely be one of your first buys.
Fit: The waist fits but the top block and thighs are very tight. A slight taper from the knee to hem. I personally prefer the High Tapered fit from JB. That cut has enough room in the top block and thighs and a stronger taper from the knees to the hem.